Our experience within the renewable sector includes:
Biogest GmbH – anaerobic digestion plants
BPE has supported Biogest with the launch of over 12 sites across the United Kingdom installing AD schemes ranging from clusters of 120KW in Scotland to a 24MW in Devon. Procurement routes include IchemE Red Book, MF/1 and bespoke delivery agreements.
We assisted the client with its suite of security bonds, which had to be heavily negotiated with their Austrian bank to be accepted both in Vienna and the UK. This called for creativity and pragmatism in approach.
Another 8 sites of various sizes are planned before 24 December 2014.
Solar Building company
BPE has supported the Solar Building Company with respect to the structuring and sale of a number of Solar PV Sites across the UK. Mindful at all times about what the ultimate financer would accept we advise on the legal structure of the deal, this included corporate formation, land option agreements, agreements for lease, leases, wayleaves, easements, asset/share sale agreements, together with advice and due diligence processes relating to the same.
Projects instructed on have varied between 5 MW and 20 MW including the largest European roof top installation to date.
Renewable Design Company - Ground Source
BPE has supported the Renewable Design Company with the roll out of a multi-site development and lease, accredited under RHI, for the supply, installation and operation of a full central heating plus water system for new assisted living accommodation developed by Churchill Retirement Living.
BPE has supported Armstrong in structuring the investments into their various funding vehicles for financing the development of renewable projects within primarily, solar and wind sectors. This has included projects from 5 MW through to 12 MW site including the transfer of projects between different investment funds managed by Armstrong.
Other experience includes:
- Reviews of ICE 7th edition re-measurement, ICE Minor Works 3rd edition and now Infrastructure Conditions of Contract (ICC) for a national subcontractor concerning on-shore wind farm piling
- works for various Ecotricity sites around the UK;
- Development for solar installation at one of Europe’s largest warehouses for a leading aluminium supplier based near Bristol;
- Advising on Operation & Maintenance contracts for a windfarm scheme in Scotland;
- Representing a UK energy operator on defects allegations concerning the yield achieved from its biomass plants in South Wales;
- Advising on contractual arrangements for the supply and installation of retrofit street lighting; and
- Representation and negotiation for a landowner in respect of the defective installation of ground source heating.
- Defence of landowners in respect of contamination issues.
With breakthroughs in technological developments emerging all the time, BPE’s experience across all fields of this sector means we can give pinch point strategic advice and risk management from the start of a project to the finish.