March was another busy month for the team and in between dealing with plenty of projects and disputes, we enjoyed getting out and about to:
- See Fiddler on the Roof at the Everyman (sponsored by BPE)
- Catch up with Nick Bevan and the new additions to his team
- Enjoy a few days up at the racecourse (no big winners!)
- (Jon) start training for a 900 mile charity cycle ride across Europe in aid of The Footprints Foundation. For more information, visit the team's JustGiving Page
Back in the office we’ve been kept on our toes considering issues such as:
- Is my client really obliged to claim under insurance before pursuing a negligent contractor?
- What, if any, amendments are necessary to make the JCT Repair & Maintenance Contract 2011 work well for our employer client?
- Is “drop hands” the best outcome for our client’s dispute?
- Exactly how many times do you have to write to the Court before they will issue papers you have sent to them?
- How can we re-organise/re-draft a client’s business-to-consumer Terms & Conditions so that they protect our client well, without falling foul of UCTA?
- Is now the right time for our client to terminate their contract?
- How do you deal with litigation when the two co-defendants simply blame each other?
Finally, the highlight of March for us, was the launch of BPE’s new website. The address is the same, but the contents, look and feel are very different. Please let us know your thoughts. We are really interested in your feedback.
To download the full newsletter, please click here.