In between Bank Holidays, May was a very busy month for the team considering issues such as:
- How to proceed on behalf of a contractor in dispute with its client when the ‘real problem’ is the architect’s apparent failure, to properly administer the contract
- The difference between rescission and ‘normal’ termination (see this month’s “Cutting through the Legalese” for the answer!)
- Trying to identify who is responsible for certain aspects of the design of certain works
- Whether a defect (or more accurately, the losses caused by a defect) being covered by a 3rd party’s insurance can be a bar to claiming against the person who caused the defect
- What you do when a Litigant in Person (see Jon’s comments last month) decides they will give evidence of fact at Trial, but fails to file and serve a witness statement.
- We have also made and received more without prejudice offers than you could shake a stick at!
So…. onto business….
To download the full newsletter, click here