We have not seen activity levels slowing down and indeed in November:
- Emilie Sclater and Gemma Bill joined the team
- Along with our other colleagues in the Renewables Team, Jon has been advising on several EPC contracts for disposal to pension funds.
- Anna and Jon attended an excellent CDM Regulations briefing from Constructing Excellence (with nearly 100 people there from all over the country)
- (Technically not November) – Jon is off to the ADR Group annual mediator’s conference in Oxford.
Back in the office we’ve been dealing with:
- Redevelopment work in Swindon, Milton Keynes and Cheltenham
- A potential “repudiatory breach” dispute
- Bank requirements for funding of GP developments
- Drafting, negotiating and overseeing execution of a JCT PCSA to ensure that a design & build healthcare project stays on track
- Whether or not certain points of dispute were suitable to be dealt with as “Preliminary Issues” in a tripartite TCC matter
- Trying to facilitate mediation in a dispute
As this is our December edition, we have a few festive messages:
A few Christmas Construction Jokes
- How does an Eskimo fix his house? Igloos it together
- It’s getting near Christmas and a builder asks his son what he’d like as a present. ‘What I really want is a baby brother.’ says the boy. ‘Sorry, son,’ says the father. ‘Christmas is only 2 weeks away, I can’t get you a baby brother in that time.’ The son replies, ‘Can’t you do what you do at work and put more men on the job?’
- What does an electrician get for Christmas? Shorts.
These notes have been prepared for the purpose of an article only. They should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice. “Cutting through the legalese” in particular is intended to be a short and introductory feature which does not provide comprehensive guidance on the topic in question. Legal advice should always be sought.