Happy New Year to you all! We hope you all had a good break over Christmas, whether or not you had the benefit of the traditional shut down. The New Year has certainly got off to a busy start and since we last wrote:
- Kerrie Jones and Neil Mason have joined the team
- Jon has been meeting with explorers, bankers, a housing association, property developers, and many more besides
- Anna and Emilie have launched a Women in Property Networking Mums initiative in Cheltenham (Dads welcome too) – do email Anna for more information
Back in the office we’ve been dealing with:
- More solar development
- Helping clients to update their standard T&Cs
- Chasing sub-contractor/sub-consultant collateral warranties
- More professional negligence claims
- A dispute on a re-measurement contract relating to asbestos removal from the ground – encouraging mediation
Jon would also like to update you all on the changes and additions to our team:
I am delighted to introduce four new fee earners who have joined the team in recent months. As well as broadening our range of experience and expertise this gives me added confidence that we will uphold our ethos of providing decisive, fuss-free, excellent advice in a timely manner, billed in a fair way.
Anna Wood will be on maternity leave from the end of February returning in the autumn. If you currently have a file where Anna is your lead solicitor, please be assured that we will be in touch in the coming weeks to introduce you to your new lead fee earner, and we will not be charging you for their ‘reading in’ time.
A bit more about my new colleagues:
Gemma Bill – based in London, ex-Pinsent Masons and Manches. Gemma has more of a lean towards contract drafting, especially in the large development and energy markets, but is a seasoned litigator as well.
Emilie Sclater – based in Cheltenham, ex-Hammonds and Kennedys. She has particular experience in professional negligence and contractual breaches – especially insurance related ones.
Kerrie Jones – based in Cheltenham, ex in-house at Kier and British Gas. Kerrie has particular experience in regulatory, environmental and energy matters but also litigates.
Neil Mason - based both in Cheltenham and Bristol, ex-Clarke Wilmott. A litigator through-and-through. He comes with a solid grounding of high value construction disputes.
Many of you will also regularly deal with our Paralegal, Katie Pickering, who continues to be based in our Cheltenham office providing invaluable support to the team and our clients.
You may wonder what this leaves me doing! As well as managing the team and continuing to oversee all matters, I have an active role in developing our Stroud office (acquired on 1 September 2014) and our Renewable Energy and Manufacturing offerings.
To download the full newsletter as a PDF, click here.