Gazing through my car window as I drove into the office this morning, I spotted what I can only describe as some ‘extremely cute’ lambs playing in the usually dark fields. This can mean only one thing - Spring is finally here!
March is a very busy month in Cheltenham’s social calendar, with the Cheltenham Gold Cup amongst other events. In the Construction & Engineering team we have been very busy too! Since we last wrote:
- We were delighted with how many attended our Construction & Engineering Friday lunchtime Seminar, where Anna Wood & Kerrie Jones discussed CDM Regulations changes & liability limitation. Thank you to everyone that attended the session and for your positive feedback. We are now looking forward to our next session on 17 April 2015, where Neil Mason & Kerrie Jones will be discussing tendering and other procurement issues.
- We have been out and about meeting clients and hearing about exciting new opportunities in the Gloucestershire and South West region, in particular renewable energy projects.
- Anna Wood from the team is soon to be expecting her own little lamb as she began her maternity leave last Friday. We wish her well and look forward to her return later in the year.
Back in the office we’ve been dealing with:
- Advising on the roll out of owner operated AD plants with an average value of £4m each across the UK.
- A particularly thorny lift enhancement contract in Wiltshire.
- A £500,000 final account dispute for a chain of boutique hotels in the West Country.
- A £800,000 delay and disruption claim to do with an education facility.
- Advising on defence of a potential design liability claim by an employer under a design and build contract.
- Advising on a potential claim for an extension of time and loss and expense arising out of failures by statutory bodies and statutory undertakers
- Drafting sub-contract terms for boiler installation and maintenance nationwide contracts
- Drafting operation and services agreement for anaerobic digestion facilitiea
- Reviewing building contract terms for a new school
- Advising the contractor in connection with a template EPC contract for the generation of rooftop solar energy to be rolled out across various sites in the UK.
- Providing legal support to a contractor in relation to a potential dispute with a subcontractor concerning valuation of works under a fixed price contract.
- Negotiating an amended ICC contract on behalf of a civils contractor in relation to a farm based wind turbine installation to be entered into with a major energy supplier.
To download the full newsletter as a PDF, please click here.