This month, we interviewed Nicola Allen, who has her birthday later this month – happy birthday Nicola! Nicola describes her role as a Building Surveyor within the practice, with additional tea making skills! David Allen Associates Limited is a dynamic practice of Chartered Building Surveyors combining highly professional work with a personal service.
- I've worked in the construction sector since: 2013. I originally worked in the NHS since the age of 18 as radiographer and managed to escape after 10 years! I felt the time was right to follow in my father’s footsteps - he is also a Chartered Building Surveyor - and felt it was time to do a bit of care in the community (family joke).
- The best thing about my job is: the diversity and opportunity to meet a range of property and construction professionals as well as clients. No two days are the same and there is so much variation in the work I undertake. However, I do have a favourite element, which is project management.
- The worst thing about my job is: sometimes the long days - driving to various locations throughout the country.
- The first album I ever bought was: Kylie Minogue - Kylie – her first album.
- My favourite holiday was to: New York – the city that never sleeps. Everyone in New York was really friendly, and they love the English. However, you need a holiday after the holiday to wind down and relax.
- My favourite bar/restaurant in Gloucestershire is: Anywhere that does decent food - preferably Italian or Roast! I am easily swayed!
- Make mine a (e.g. pint of real ale/glass of champagne, etc.): Cannot go wrong with a large mug of tea.
- In 2016.... I will obtain my post graduate diploma in Building Surveying in January, expand my knowledge even further and become a member of the RICS.
- My perfect Sunday would be: a lovely lie in, if possible, and a lazy morning. Then a good walk and to top it off, a decent roast with friends or family – the simple things in life.