Distributors, re-sellers & agents
An expanding business often needs to employ the services of distributors, resellers or sales agents. From quality control to benchmarking, service level agreements to warranties, we can help you create contracts and trading terms and agreements to fit your business model.
If you're thinking of expanding on an international scale, we work with businesses in every continent, helping them comply with their own national laws and the laws applying in the territories where their suppliers and customers are based. Understanding the local culture is as important as knowing the local law, and we can help you make the most of any trading opportunity.
The right business structure for growth
Most senior managers pay close attention to the strategic side of business growth, yet many underestimate the importance of organisational factors into ensuring that growth becomes a reality.
Supply chain requirements, e-commerce trading agreements, increased staff, export agreements all come under the term business structure. We can help you ensure your business structure is stable enough to cope with your growth plans.
Whatever your size of business and the market you operate in, if you're trading in the UK and Europe, you need to be aware of competition law. It can be incredibly complicated, but if you make a mistake the consequences could be severe, with fines or even jail terms for directors.
We can help you make sure your agreements and business structures are compliant with competition law, keeping your business safe and helping you to operate more effectively, focusing on the business rather than the law.
Ensuring contracts don't become anti-competitive or restrictive
Any size business needs to be aware of competition law as failure to comply can have serious consequences. Firms showing anti-competitive behaviour risk being fined up to 10% of global turnover as well as exposing themselves to possible damages litigation. Individuals could also be disqualified from being a Director and even face criminal charges. Cartel behaviour is the most serious form of anti-competitive behaviour and carries the highest penalties.
Our Commercial legal team can walk you through all aspects of Competition Law and make sure your business is compliant.
Anti-bribery & corruption laws
It is illegal to offer, promise, give, request, agree, receive or accept bribes. You should put in place an anti bribery policy if someone within your business could be exposed to or at risk of being bribed. The policy should include the business's approach to reducing and controlling the risks of bribery, rules about accepting gifts, hospitality and donations, guidance on how to conduct business negotiations an rules on avoiding or stopping conflicts of interest. We have a great deal of experience in supporting companies write and enforce anti bribery policies and would be happy to talk you through the options.
Supplier and Customer Contracts
We create tailored terms, agreements and contracts to fit your business and its needs.
- Trading Terms and Conditions - whether you're buying or selling, we work with you to create robust and practical trading terms that protect your business both on and offline.
- Agency - we work closely with principals and agents to draft contracts and offering advice. We advise on all forms of agency jurisdictions across the globe and often advise on the effect of the Commercial Agents Regulations and your liability to pay compensation to an agent.
- Manufacturing, Supply and Distribution Contracts - from quality control to benchmarking, from service levels to warranties, we can help you draft contracts to fit your business model.
- Outsourcing - contracting with third parties to provide business services is becoming more and more common as you benefit from the third party's economies of scale. We can advise on the risks and benefits of outsourcing and draft and negotiate an agreement that will ensure you get what you are paying for.
- Franchising - whether you are the franchisor or the franchisee, we can help your business go from strength to strength. The franchise agreement is vital, and we have helped many well-known brands set up successful franchise models.
- International Contracts - we work with businesses in every continent, helping them comply with their own national laws and the laws applying in the territories where their suppliers and customers are based. Understanding the local culture is as important as knowing the local law, and we can help you make the most of any trading opportunity.