Against the economic backdrop for 2024, there are some key legislative changes expected in the commercial real estate...
Partner, Notary Public
As a Partner in the Commercial Property team, I specialise in all aspects of real estate and property law for private individuals; farmers and land owners, as well as acting for commercial and corporate clients who are acquiring businesses, assets and taking leases. I take a no nonsense yet engaging approach to working with my clients in order to help them achieve their goals, thus am often seen as a trusted adviser to my clients who rely on me for a variety of needs and support.
My particular expertise and enjoyment is in working on developments and strategic land as well as landlord and tenant work, taking care of property portfolios and in setting up developments for residential and commercial clients; including acting for investors and developers and negotiating promotion agreements, options and conditional contracts with their associated agreements. I am also both experienced and enjoy working on renewable energy projects, hotels, franchise portfolios and assisting with secured lending and finance agreements for banks and individuals.
I am a Notary Public and offer an extensive range of notarial services including validating Powers of Attorney, company certificates, identification of directors, individuals or other officers of businesses and certifying documents for use abroad including the handling of legalisation where required.
I am originally from Zimbabwe and am a keen sportsman, having represented and captained my country for cricket, as well as having played provincial rugby. I still enjoy these sports as well as many other outdoor pursuits when time allows!
My experience includes:
- Setting up a £15 million residential development scheme in the Midlands;
- Acting on various residential developments in Gloucestershire and the Midlands, negotiating statutory agreements with local authorities, acting for private and mainstream lenders on security work;
- Acting for several SIPP providers on their commercial property portfolios, providing advice on acquisitions and disposals and property management;
- Acting for landowners on the disposal of land for development by land promotion, conditional contracts and options of various schemes;
- Advising family-owned property companies on both commercial and residential portfolios, buying and selling of businesses such as hotels, public houses, caravan parks with values ranging from £100 000 to £4 million;
- Security and refinance work for banks and private individuals and debt re-structuring with associated acquisitions;
- Negotiating and dealing with solar farms and renewable energy contracts
"We have used Paul for all of our commercial property transactions over many years and throughout that time have found him to be efficient, effective and a pleasure to deal with. He has consistently worked in accordance with, and achieved, our timescales which were often very demanding. We would have no reservations at all in recommending his services.
"We have found him to be extremely efficient and proactive in all of his activities as well as being a pleasure to engage with."
Procurement Manager, G4S Regional Management (UK&I) Ltd
“BPE were instrumental in getting this deal to exchange and we can’t thank Paul and the team enough for their hard work, support and efficiency."
Tim Cheater, Owner of Greenway Nurseries
Recent articles relating to Paul and the Commercial Property team
BPE’s Commercial Property Team have been celebrating some milestone work anniversaries. Having shown such dedication...
In January 2023, we published our article “What does 2023 hold for commercial real estate?”, which summarised some of...