Construction & Engineering Newsletter October 2014
After a month off from the newsletter in September we have lots to update you on now that Autumn is here.
• Thank you to everyone who attended our party at Six Degrees of Separation in September. We really hope lots of new contacts were made and new opportunities discovered – do let us know!
• Congratulations to Katie Pickering. We are immensely proud of our Paralegal who has put up with working for Jon Close for 7 years and has passed the final part of her ILEX (level 6) with flying colours so that she can now follow her name with the letters “G.C. Ilex”.
• We also welcome the team at the Stroud Office to the BPE Family, following our takeover of Leigh Young. Although this does not directly affect the Construction & Engineering Team, we look forward to working with and for their many contacts in construction, engineering and manufacturing.
• Jon has been busy with both Festomane and the Biodynamic Association playing his part in helping them with exciting new things.
• Jon has also been to London to see fit out works we assisted with at Guy’s Hospital (frankly his visit is rather conventional – last time Anna Wood was at Guy’s Hospital she was abseiling down the main tower with the Marines to raise money for charity).
• Jon also attended the recent Gloucestershire Media Business Awards at the Centaur and the whole team offers our congratulations to the winners and finalists.
Back in the office we’ve been dealing with the following:
• Nice quick and easy settlement of a £10k dispute (as we said at the time, “look after the £10k’s and the millions look after themselves”).
• Finally seeing completion on a solar project that Jon and Anna have worked on for over a year – which sees our client take on the biggest roof top solar project ever seen in Europe.
• Advising a client who was tendering for a long term partnering situation, but yet again the proposed contract was not the best form for the job. (Jon’s advice is “don’t try to be a little bit pregnant”!)
• Helping a leisure sector client move towards doubling its number of sites in 12 months.
• Advising on what to do when you want to novate an appointment but find that the appointment isn’t properly in place.
To download the full newsletter as a PDF, please click here.
These notes have been prepared for the purpose of articles only. They should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice.