The impact of divorce on young people
This week is Resolutions ‘Good Divorce Week 2018’. Resolution have collated some alarming statistics on the effects of divorce on young people.
- 65% say that their GCSE’s were affected
- 11% said they found themselves getting into more trouble at school
- 19% said that they sometimes felt that their parents’ divorce was their fault
- 50% said they didn’t have any say in which parent they would live with or where
- Almost 1 in 5 said that they completely lost contact with one or more grandparents
If you have any concerns about the impact of your divorce or your separation on your children, get in touch with one of our Child Law Specialists HERE.
These notes have been prepared for the purpose of an article only. They should not be regarded as a substitute for taking legal advice.