Online trading and website compliance
There's a number of legal implications to consider when setting up a website to promote your business or to sell products via an e-commerce site. Firstly making sure the business owns the domain name instead of an individual is important. If the individual leaves the business for any reason it could cause problems.
Ensuring you have registered trademark that corresponds to your domain name will ensure third parties cannot use a similar name and registering different version of your domain and gives you added protection.
We can help you with:
- Website content - copyright issues
- Disability Discrimination Compliance - your site must be user-friendly to those with visual impairment and other disabilities
- Contracts - if you sell goods or services you must have an agreed set of Terms & Conditions
- Display of Mandatory Information
- Distance selling regulations
- Online advertising
- Processing payments
- Cloud computing agreements
- App agreements
- Software licensing
- IT support & maintenance agreements
- Escrow services
Liaising with IP valuation consultants
Your company's IP is one of your most valuable assets. It could even be your most valuable asset when it comes to securing finance for growth, joint ventures or mergers and acquisitions. So how do you value your IP? We can help you source a well respected IP Valuation Consultant and make sure your best interests are being served throughout the whole process.